Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation Review
Hey y’all sorry this blog hasn’t updated much lately but we’ve all been kinda busy!! But I just got the UD Naked Skin Foundation and I wanted to post a review since I’ve heard so many good things about it!! I bought the shade 1.0 which is the second lightest shade because I’m pale as hell. This shade is described as “very fair bisque with a soft warm undertone” which is great because I have warm but almost neutral skin so it managed to warm up my face but not make me look orange.
Anyways, I tried this foundation for the first time this morning and at first I had very mixed feelings about it. Normally when I put on any full face products I kinda just dot it around my face then buff it in with a brush. However, when I did that today, it didn’t really blend too well so I had to instead pump the foundation onto the back of my hand and just apply it straight from the brush, which is really no problem. It was slightly too light for me but it blended into my neck well so it worked out. My concealer fit the color of the foundation and it looked pretty seamless!! I set the foundation with the UD De-Slick Mattifying Powder (which although it’s white, doesn’t create a white cast over the skin no matter how much you apply) and it hasn’t moved all day!!
What I love about this foundation is the weightlessness of the product along with how seamlessly it blends into concealer, powder, and the rest of my skin. What I don’t love about this foundation is the price ($39???) and the lack of color choices. I always have trouble finding the perfect foundation color but this was pretty close, however I know it’s very very difficult for darker skinned people to find a high quality foundation that fits them! So if you find a shade that works for you (and the money to afford it…) I highly suggest you buy this foundation!!!
Hi friends I think I may have made a post about this before but I recently started using white eyeliner in my inner corner and I also trace it above the black eyeliner on my top lid. It makes a huge difference and I definitely suggest you try it!! I’m using the one from Rimmel and it was only like 3 bucks
I love these kind of useful beauty tips/images, they can be so helpful at times.
How to get even eyeliner wings in seconds!
Recently I bought gel eyeliner to try it out, and I really hated it. It was harder to use for me than liquid eyeliner which goes against everything I’ve ever heard from other people. However, I did realize it was better to create the wing for winged eyeliner that’s even and stays put.
All you need is gel eyeliner, liquid eyeliner (if you like that also), and tape. Simply cut a piece of tape and put it from your lower lash line to the end of your eyebrow. Because my eyebrows unfortunately aren’t even in length, I instead put one end of the tape at the corner of my nose and the other end towards and past my lower lash line to ensure it’s even.
After putting on the tape, take an eyeliner brush and create a line along the tape to create your wing. Remove the tape, then create the rest of your line and connect it to the wing. Because I hate gel eyeliner, I use the gel eyeliner just to make the wing, then I use liquid eyeliner to go over that line and fill in the rest.
This is a quick and easy way to ensure an even line on both sides even if you don’t have the steadiest hand!!
tips for unsteady messyness in makeupping:
- let it happen
- pretend u are a prada campaign gurl miuccia would appreciate the smeared lips
- that messy mascara is actually rly cool to me frankly
- i am a big fan of overdone blush
- fuck yeah blush
- real techniques blush brush is a brush i would run into a burning building to save if it was the last one in existence. the world needs more real techniques blush brushes
- cream blushes are terrifying and vibrant, a description i would also apply to myself
- if u are worried about unsteady hands, rest your elbow on a desk and lean in to the mirror and make a silly face until your body adjusts to the leveredge
- don’t be so goddamn hard on yourself
- blending takes more time than talent to be frank
- u can never have enough qtips
- don’t be so goddamn hard on yourself
- get hard on yourself like be into yourself but don’t be actually mean to yourself anyone who judges u is simply not on your level
- makeup is drilled into us as a thing to perfect and conceal and adjust but it doesn’t have to be that way, be conscious about how u use it, decide to do things in opposites and explore that realm of possibility. it is scary and fun and very freeing
- good hunting
All the admins on this blog have their main blogs linked in the sidebar and we all have a tagged/me on our own blogs!
it depends on the normal texture of your hair for these methods but I know a few. One is to just brush through your hair after its air dried a little (just so its not soaking wet because it wont work) and do it every few minutes as it dries so it doesnt curl at all. Another is to dry it with a blow dryer on cool air because it still blows the water out of your hair without damaging it. you can also chemically straighten it but that’s the last thing I would suggest honestly.